You will need:
- Smudge Wand (bundled sage, can sometimes include other herbs like cedar or sweetgrass) or incense dish with loose sage.
Begin by starting in the room you spend the most time in. Clear your mind. Concentrate on what you are doing and why you are doing it.
Open your crown chakra and allow the positive white energy of the divine to enter your body.
Light the smudge wand or incense and walk around the room wafting the smoke in all areas, including those hard to reach corners. Imagine the smoke and positive energy chasing out the negative. Repeat this process with every room in the house including bathrooms, attics and basements. Do not forget fireplaces.
Once you've finished with the house, do any out buildings such as the garage or garden shed.
When all buildings have been cleansed, walk the grounds and cleanse them as well. When you're done, simply put out the smudge wand or incense and thank the divine.
Further Home Cleansing Tips
- Put out small bowls of sea salt in random areas of the house.
- Add clear quartz crystals when decorating.
- Put out protective gemstones and herbs in decorative arrangements.
- Use a floor wash with herbs or oils.